DeltaV or PCS 7 Experience Required. Work remote (home office) or paid relocation to the southeast.
The Sr. Integration Engineer position is comprised of handling the technical design and conﬁguration effort for multiple projects and service calls active within our organization.
Ability to handle the implementation of plant automation using our in-house integration methods and vendor supplied hardware and software.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A four year engineering degree or equivalent related experience is required.
Must have plant process control experience, preferably in life sciences (pharmaceutical biotech) / food and beverage (F&B)
Must be familiar with PLCs, DCS, and SCADA packages.
Programming experience for process related applications including: reactors, distillation, combustion controls, batch applications, mixing and metering, continuous and batch chemical production.
Platform programming experience with Siemens PCS 7. S7 and drives OR Emerson DeltaV AND any of the following:
Rockwell ControlLogix, Plant PAX and FactoryTalk
The Sr Controls Engineer is a customer facing position engaged in a variety of activities across multiple industries.
The design and implementation of process control schemes to support existing processes which include process efficiency improvements, optimization, process variability reduction, compliance with environmental and safety requirements and equipment/process reliability.
Specify control hardware and design control schemes for new process automation projects.
Ability to lead cross-functional teams in developing control strategies and control narratives for process improvement and new projects.
Willing to provide mentoring support to other engineers and technicians.
Provide technical and maintenance support to existing control system platforms at client facilities. Duties may require supporting an “on-call” rotation for support at specific client sites, occurring once every six weeks.
Skills & Qualifications:
Qualified candidates must have extensive experience with a major current DCS platform such as Experion, DeltaV, Centum with a preference for PlantPAx or 800xA . Experience with OSI PI a plus.
Experience in the coordination and implementation of DCS/PLC upgrades, migrations and/or new installation/startup
Experience with instrumentation, motor control, regulatory control loop tuning, and advance control processes.
Requires ChE, EE or other related technical degree & minimum 15 years of experience as Control Systems Engineer supporting projects related to chemical, refining or industrial manufacturing plants that use DCS control. Must have minimum 2 years of experience managing mega projects. Requires in depth experience with Emerson Delta V DCS, to act as the Subject Matter Expert for the chemical organization. Will provide technical support to each project team during FEL, engineering & construction activities on process control systems questions. Will provide oversight & assurance on process control system requirements, designs & installations for all projects. Will approve any deviations from standards & specifications. Will support project & engineering teams to enhance process control knowledge, as it relates to interfaces to other equipment, services & hardware/software. Will develop key documents such as software & hardware FAT requirements, installation procedures, technology selection, spare parts philosophy & design requirements. Will confirm critical software & hardware applications are engineered & installed in accordance to project specifications & industry standards. Will ensure all approvals, loop folder template, loop check procedures & system checks are completed before unit start-up. Will audit each project for compliance to specifications & when needed assist each project to develop a plan to achieve compliance. Will review & get approval from site for final network design meeting latest cybersecurity requirements. Will assist in hiring new control systems personnel. Will identify training needs. Some travel may be required. Must have legal right to work indefinitely in the United States. International operating company with central engineering position based in Houston, TX.
Our client is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
The Sr. Automation Engineer supports existing control systems and participates in long-term strategic development of site process control systems.
Execute control systems projects/assignments in the support of site operations through investigations, control system assessments, and design support.
Experience with fill/finish operations
Experience with ISA S88 Batch system design using one or more of the following applications:
GE Proficy Batch Execution (iBatch) preferred. (GE Digital Historian), Rockwell FactoryTalk Batch, DeltaV Batch, Allen-Bradley PLC (SLC, CompactLogix, ControlLogix, RSLogix500, RSLogix5000, and DeviceNet).
Experience with networks and communication protocols preferred.
GE Proficy iFix SCADA experience preferred.
OSIsoft PI Historian experience preferred.
BS or MS Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering plus 10 years experience with the installation, startup, and servicing of process control systems. 5 years in pharmaceutical environment including 21 CFR Part 11 and supporting validation of control system equipment.
Our client, a global biotherapeutics company is embarking on a $3B expansion. Nice rural location with good schools/communities/low cost of living, approximately an hour from downtown Chicago.
This position provides hands on first response automation technical support for manufacturing and utilities at the site plant. This position supports the factory on a 12 hour 2-2, 3-2, 2-3 basis.
• Established technically competent Controls Engineer/Specialist whom independently solves problems, develops and implements solutions
• Demonstrated skills in automation solutions including Batch, PLC systems, HMI packages, SCADA systems, Visual Basic and PC networking technology. Additional MES knowledge is not required, but beneficial.
• Familiarity with electrical power and distribution systems, NEC codes, electrical installations and electrical panel building.
1. Support manufacturing and utilities within the shift engineering support team. The shift engineering support team provides 24-7 on call support to manufacturing on a 12 hour 2-2, 3-2, 2-3 (days on-days off) shift basis with the possibility of night shifts.
2. Develop a general understanding of the plant processes and products to provide technical support to all manufacturing areas.
3. Proficient programmer in one or more of the following automation systems: Allen-Bradley (Factory Talk platforms, ControlLogix, PLC-5, SLC, Panelview, View SE), Modicon Unity, Modicon Proworx 32, GE iFix and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Siemens (PCS7, WinCC).
4. Understands electrical power and distribution systems, NEC codes, electrical installations and electrical panel building.
BS or AS in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
In lieu of degree, technical experience in a pharmaceutical or regulated industry may be considered. 0-3 years in pharma or process related in a regulated environment.
Our client, a global biotherapeutics company is seeking 4 MES Engineers due to a $3B expansion. Nice rural location with good schools/communities/low cost of living, approximately an hour from downtown Chicago.
In general the MES Developer will assist in requirements gathering, technical proposals, design and development of complex MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) projects for the facility, which is a FDA Regulated production site. The position will act as a technical team member, contributing to system architecture design, development of electronic procedures, testing, validation, documentation, training, and integration with local and enterprise systems. Requires understanding of standard Microsoft Office and Productivity tools and familiarity with S88/S95 general principals. Prefer someone with an understanding of MES Software, Interfaces to DCS/OPC, ERP, LIMS, and Document Management. Understanding of business and manufacturing logistics. Exposure to MES technologies, including automated data collection, historian applications (OSI PI a plus). SCADA, automated decision control, workflow, database applications, and interface to ERP and LIMS systems Exposure to enterprise level large-scale applications. Preferred Pharma/Biotech industry experience
Experience with one or more of the following systems a plus – Werum, Syncade, Invensys, POMSnet, Camstar, Elan designing or implementing MES applications
MES Engineer I
0 - 3 years’ experience working within MES applications.
MES Engineer II
2 - 4 years industry experience in systems or process development, programming, process automation, Operations, or engineering discipline and 1 - 3 years’ experience working within MES applications.
MES Engineer III
2 - 4 years industry experience in systems or process development, programming, process automation, Operations, or engineering discipline. 2 - 4 years’ experience working within MES applications.
SR. MES Engineer
2 - 6 years industry experience in systems or process development, programming, process automation, Operations, or engineering discipline. 4 - 6 years’ experience working within MES applications.
Requires BS degree in related field & minimum 15 years of experience related to wet chemistry analytical systems, as used in refining or chemical process plants. Will provide technical support to each project team during FEL, engineering & construction activities on analytical related questions. Responsible for specification & design of analytical systems on projects, including scope, philosophy, estimates, proposal preparation, budgets & work priorities. Will interface with internal customers & suppliers. Will approve any deviations from standards & specifications & confirm critical analytical applications are engineered & installed in accordance with project specifications & industry standards. Will ensure all appropriate approvals & system checks are completed before unit start-up. Should be familiar with analyzer sampling & process control systems instrumentation. Analytical systems include but not limited to gas analyzers, ph, density, moisture, conductivity meters, impurity analyzers, mass spectrometer & gas chromatograph. Prefer working knowledge of refining & chemical industry standards, such as NEC, NFPA, ISA, IEC, API & ASTM. Must have legal right to work indefinitely in the United States. Large international operating company with central engineering position in Houston, TX.
Will support two sites in TX City and Pasadena. Will have 3 direct reports that include a fixed equipment engineer and 2 exempt level inspectors plus oversight of the contractor inspection function. Will provide support for Process Safety and support and improve the MI process in the Gulf Coast. Integrity responsibility for the critical assets and protective systems. Work with maintenance supervisors to develop and implement preventive and predictive maintenance programs on existing equipment (fixed equipment, pumps, safety devices, etc.) based on manufacture’s recommendation or best engineering practices. Lead or participate as needed in Process Hazard Analysis, Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), or other risk assessments. Develop/manage inspection program to maintain mechanical integrity and compliance with all engineering/regulatory codes. Write and support the Management of Change process through PHA and PSSR Evaluations. Lead/participate in incident investigations to identify root causes and corrective recommendations to prevent reoccurrence. Supervise Gulf Coast Mechanical Integrity team, integrate management systems supporting Mechanical Integrity for Fixed Equipment, Relief Systems and Rotating equipment. Support Gulf Coast sites in the definition, implementation and sustainability of risk management initiatives identified to deliver continuous improvement and/or compliance with industry/regulatory changes associated with MI. Support audits and insurance surveys in relation to MI programs for Fixed Equipment and Relief Systems. Ensure MI trends on equipment are tracked, reported and identified. Support maintenance of Relief Systems, Flare Systems and venting systems to keep related equipment in evergreen status. Responsible for quality control checks/audits of work and deliverables for timeliness, accuracy, and adherence to the MI procedures for Gulf Coast. These audits include maintenance records and 3rd party vendors involved in the design or testing of relief devices. Work collaboratively with both Gulf Coast sites and other functional groups in the organization. Possess a strong commitment to safety and take an active role in plant safety activities. Work with vendors concerning equipment issues, technology issues, failure problems, and quotes on equipment used in some projects. BS in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field required. Minimum of 10 years’ experience petrochemical or chemical industry and demonstrated ability in the practical application of the requirements of 29CFR 1910.119 regulations, ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, ASME B31 series Piping Codes, API 579, ANSI/NB-23 National Board Inspection Code and 49 CFR (DOT Code). Working Knowledge of API 510, 570, 572, 574, 576, 580 and 581 codes or recommended practices. Must have ability to perform: (1) calculations (2) safety/risk/fitness for service assessments for Fixed Equipment, Relief System and Rotational equipment. Supervisory experience preferred. Self-motivated individual that can work independently or with teams. General understanding of reactors, exchangers, boilers, tanks, etc. Good interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent written and oral presentation skills. Logical thinker and strong problem solving skills. Good planning and organizational skills. Experience with SAP, Microsoft Office software, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project is a plus. Experience leading Mechanical Integrity program elements. Will train process engineers, project engineers and reliability engineers on MI process. Coordinate/consult with site maintenance, operations and project group in the delivery of MI management systems. Develop and/or revise procedures relating to MI as required. Interface and provide leadership and support to capital projects, process engineering, and contractors supporting elements of the MI program.
Plans and directs activities for the reliability and maintenance organization; creates and executes on a long range strategy; establishes standards; develops engineering and inspection staff’s technical expertise; and improves, maintains, and repairs facilities and equipment to ensure optimal reliability and lowest life cycle cost. Must lead and drive the continuous improvement efforts that impact mechanical integrity, plant reliability and conversion cost while ensuring safety and compliance with company standards and regulatory requirements.
Safety, Health, & Environmental Stewardship
· Serve as an Asset Engineer and be accountable for understanding and putting into practice the company’s Principles of Process and Behavioral Safety. As a safety champion, cascade the understanding of these principles through their organization.
· Meet all SHE objectives and comply with all governmental laws and policies for the Gulf Coast plants.
· Ensure Reliability & Maintenance employees are following a comprehensive SHE training program to meet OSHA requirements and discipline-specific skill training to ensure competency of workforce.
· Assure adherence within the team to SHE reporting, incident investigations, sharing of lessons learned, corrective action tracking and personal training on Incident Command in support of Incident Management System.
o Lead or participate as needed in Process Hazard Analysis, Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), or other risk assessments
o Write and support the Management of Change process through PHA and PSSR Evaluations
· Lead/participate in incident investigations to identify root causes and corrective recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
Reliability & Integrity Management
· Champion the reliability and mechanical integrity strategy reviews and support execution. Demonstrate accountability for the integrity of critical assets and protective systems.
· Ensure efficient and effective daily maintenance activities.
· Oversee maintenance of assets in proactive manner following high level of focus on End of Life, Obsolescence.
· Develop and implement preventive and predictive maintenance programs on existing equipment (fixed equipment, pumps, safety devices, etc.) based on manufacture’s recommendation or best engineering practices.
· Develop and monitor a comprehensive inspection program to maintain mechanical integrity and compliance with all engineering/regulatory codes and internal policies.
· Support Gulf Coast sites in the definition, implementation and sustainability of risk management initiatives identified to deliver continuous improvement and/or compliance with industry/regulatory changes associated with MI.
· Ensure delivery of reliability and maintenance targets for the site, by participating in the development and execution of a comprehensive reliability/availability plan for the site.
· Ensure measurement system is in place to for tracking reliability and causes for deviation understood by the organization.
· Ensure resources are committed to completing and follow up on root cause failure analysis.
· Support audits and insurance surveys in relation to MI programs for Fixed Equipment and Relief Systems.
· Promote maintenance of Relief Systems, Flare Systems and venting systems to keep related equipment in evergreen status.
· Oversee quality control checks and audit deliverables for timeliness, accuracy, and adherence to the MI procedures for Gulf Coast. These audits include reviewing maintenance records and 3rd party vendors involved in the design or testing of relief devices.
· Coordinate with procurement team to ensure an appropriate spares management system is in place.
· Interface with Technology group regarding current and future equipment needs.
· Ensure adequate cost controls are in place to allow the site to meet its financial obligations.
· Develop annual departmental budget plan and cascade the budget’s expectations through the organization.
· Monitor performance versus plan and investigate deviations, taking corrective action when necessary.
· Ensure appropriate priorities are established for work, work is planned and estimated and actual costs versus estimates are reviewed and addressed.
· Monitor performance of maintenance and engineering contracting within the department.
· Provide oversight of the development of the people in the Maintenance & Reliability organization to ensure staff is effectively trained and succession/replacement plans are in place.
· Ensure alignment and clarity of roles including expectations for performance. Lead meetings with teams to ensure proper communication of plant priorities is cascaded throughout the organization.
· Ensure a performance management process is in place and that performance is reviewed on a periodic basis and corrective action is taken when appropriate.
· Ensure that human resource policies are followed and the organization is in compliance with legal requirements regarding employees and relationship with contractors.
· Lead Reliability & Maintenance team through transition period of new organization.
Level of education & Knowledge
· BS in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field required.
· Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience in chemical, refining or industrial manufacturing environment is required.
Experience in general
· Demonstrated and documented successful experience managing a diverse, multi-functional team in a manufacturing, or related, environment is required, including at least 5 years’ experience in managing professionals.
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in plant operations, maintenance and/or engineering
· Proven ability to effectively serve and function on a leadership team.
· Demonstrated operational safety leadership with sustainable results.
· Experience in Process Safety Management especially in areas pertaining to asset integrity.
· Experience developing and implementing effective preventive maintenance and condition based maintenance programs preferred.
· General understanding of reactors, exchangers, boilers, tanks, etc.
· Multi-site experience and experience in a union environment is a plus.
· Knowledge of API 510, 570, 572, 574, 576, 580 and 581 codes or recommended practices
· Ability to perform: (1) calculations (2) safety/risk/fitness for service assessments for Fixed Equipment, Relief System and Rotational equipment
· Knowledge of the requirements of 29CFR 1910.119 regulations, ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, ASME B31 series Piping Codes, API 579, ANSI/NB-23 National Board Inspection Code and 49 CFR (DOT Code) preferred
· Experience leading MI program elements and/or training process engineers, project engineers and reliability engineers on MI process preferred
· Experience with SAP, Microsoft Office software, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, etc. is helpful.
Competencies, Behavioral skills
· Demonstrated leadership skills and cultural change agent. Continuously contributing and improving Asset utilization and overall Plant’s performance (effectiveness and efficiency) through KPI’s and effective coaching, mentoring, and training of engineering staff.
· Strategic and critical thinking skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills, including ability to present in technical forums
· Logical thinker and strong problem solving skills
· Good planning and organizational skills
· Self-starter, organized, and capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines
Newly created position as they are getting away from contracting out their TA’s and going to hire a TA Manager to build his/her own internal team.
The TAR Manager is responsible for the safe and efficient planning, scheduling, cost control, execution, follow-up and documentation of the Gulf Coast turnarounds. This position coordinates the TARs onsite from front-end loading thru execution phases, as well as post-TAR identification of, and action on, lessons learned. This position is accountable for leading the TAR team to achieve defined milestones around safety, environmental, outage duration, cost, and driving continual improvement in our TAR processes.
This role is accountable to deliver the goals and objectives of the TAR (i.e., safety, environmental, cost, schedule, and unit performance optimization) through the development, budgeting, and execution of TAR projects, leading a team of in-house and contract personnel, as well as to create, document, and continually improve TAR processes. The TAR Manager will develop and maintain an effectively trained and motivated team of individuals with technical expertise to handle TAR planning, scheduling, cost monitoring, and field execution.
· This position – and all positions - within the organization requires that the incumbent commit to learning, following and practicing Principles of Process and Behavioral Safety as applicable to the position. In addition to understanding and applying the principles, this role will:
· Champion the Principles and Life Saving Rules, ensuring the understanding and application of these principles and other SHE policies and procedures within their team. Promote team involvement and personally demonstrate SHE behaviors to complete safety observations, audits, near miss reporting, housekeeping, and review of others’ safety incidents and near misses.
· Proactively engage contractors to ensure they understand safety expectations and any issues are dealt with promptly.
· Ensure safety and environmental incidents are properly reported and followed-up, as needed.
· Lead incident investigations to identify root causes and corrective recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
· Participate and/or support team member’s participation in incident investigations, Management of Change, Process Hazard Analysis/LOPA. Maintain the management of change system on the impacted unit(s). The tasks for doing this include performance of PHA, updating of required drawings and records and final documentation of project changes. Ensure technical resolution of all resultant recommendations from major unit HAZOP studies and other safety audits.
· Support integrity management
· Scheduling and planning of Preventative Maintenance
· Review task list to ensure proper maintenance in accordance with manufacture’s recommendations and best engineering/maintenance practices
· Ensure adherence to all Maintenance procedures
· Ensure TAR responsibilities support and are consistent with ISO 9002 and ISO 14001 certification objectives for the Gulf Coast.
· Plan, staff, and manage the labor & other resources under turnaround/shutdown conditions (short timetable, multiple shifts, etc.). This requires knowledge obtained from industry experience in positions such as Capital Project Manager, Maintenance Superintendent/Manager, or other TAR roles. Must properly manage and segregate capital project work from maintenance activities. Lead time for identifying the scope of work, ordering materials, and securing manpower is typically at least a year prior to execution.
· Determine project development and execution strategies, including a contracting plan and materials management plan.
· Collaborate with Purchasing to develop the material procurement and contracting strategies. Develop and maintain effective relationships with key suppliers of parts, services, and labor.
· Obtain support for materials and contracting plans from Maintenance Superintendent and Operations Manager.
· Develop standardized processes and templates for such plans that can be re-used or modified. Capture learnings from each outage and adapt the templates to incorporate the insights and foster continuous improvement.
· Assure integration of Operation shut down activities, TAR mechanical work, additional capital projects and start-up activities into a master schedule at the scope definition stage. During execution, coordinate with the TAR scheduler(s) and planners to ensure there is one consolidated TAR schedule with all operations, maintenance, and projects tasks.
· Develop a TAR milestone chart for each outage and monitor progress during pre-TAR, TAR execution, and post-TAR. If issues arise, facilitate resolution in a timely manner.
TAR Activity & Relationship Management
· Supervise TAR Field Coordinator, and along with the Coordinator, oversee management of field construction operations and start-up. Ensure contract supervisors are effectively managing their personnel to execute work safely and minimize downtime. Help facilitate coordination of subcontractors work with the contractors’ resources.
· Build long-term relationships with external organizations such as TAR planning & scheduling companies, exchanger pulling/cleaning, tower work contractors, etc. to attain business objectives. Leverage potential to bid for two consecutive turnaround-years. Maximize use of alliances to benefit company.
· Coordinate with Maintenance and Capital Projects to minimize impact of TAR on routine maintenance work.
· Optimize effective management of materials procured for TAR.
· Jointly responsible with Operations to stay within TAR budget and meet TAR milestones.
· Assure basic work process discipline and drive process improvements within the Gulf Coast. This includes maintaining a master worklist, facilitating scope collection, establishing and maintaining scope prioritization criteria, and championing scope change process.
· Manage, document, and approve scope change orders with Shared Services Manager and Site Director. Scope management is critical to avoid cost overruns on TARs.
TAR Cost Control, Reporting & Continuous Improvement
· Work with Commercial/Business Team, Operations, Projects and Maintenance on business impacts and potential value of TAR timing flexibility. Develop and report on cost and TAR duration impact of schedule changes. (Depending on how close the timing is to the TAR, it may involve costs associated with contract changes and require a major effort to revise plans. Costs need to be accurate to help make appropriate decisions.)
· Work with site leadership to set challenging yet realistic TAR work hours, cost, and duration targets.
· Lead team to provide accurate up-front engineering and development of cost and schedule estimates for approved work scope including change orders. Interface with department leaders for effective turnaround Front End Loading and execution.
· During TAR execution, provide team oversight to monitor, communicate progress, and adjust plans if required on a daily basis. Provide daily updates to communicate to the site and/or management on 1) status, 2) progress, and 3) forecasting.
· Ensure TAR team tracks costs and provides monthly accruals to the Financial Group for outage expenditures.
· Facilitate periodic auditing of TAR cost settlements and communicate status to site leadership.
· Ensure creation and adherence to utilize effective TAR processes, capturing and integrating learnings, communication, and coordination across disciplines to support successful execution.
· Drive continuous improvement in TAR planning and execution capabilities. Develop TAR KPIs and utilize Cost Analyst to report KPIs on regular basis.
· Conduct TAR post-audits and lessons learned sessions.
· Make recommendations for TAR approach across SM sites to improve processes.
· Document pre-outage reviews of outage standard specifications for maintenance and construction work. Includes specifications concerning cathodic protection, inspection testing plans, lifting plans (weights of equipment to be lifted), environmental plans including waste disposal, design information on key equipment, drawings and P&IDs, welding specifications, test pressures, etc.
· Maintain and update of the unit(s) technical records including the establishment of new equipment files, the organization of relief valve specifications and calculations and the updating of training materials for the unit.
· With Business Team/Sales & Marketing, develop, publish, and communicate the multi-year TAR/Outage plan. Update, as needed, based on Operations and Marketing changes.
Level of Education & Knowledge
· High School diploma or G.E.D. required
· B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, or related) or Engineering Technology preferred
· Minimum of 10 years of petrochemical or refinery experience in an Operations or Maintenance capacity
· Minimum of 5 years of TAR experience preferred or integral participation in at least 4 major TARs ($5m or greater)
· Project management experience required
· Supervisory experience of direct reports preferred
· Professional Engineering designation preferred
Experience in General
· Proven expertise in developing strategies for highly visible, cross-functional, high risk projects with significant business impact.
· Knowledge of engineering contracting and project execution contracting/strategy is a key tool for job execution.
· Ability to create complex multi-discipline work process that span across all aspects of the organization
· Ability to motivate and influence to get work done through others.
· Technical knowledge of unit operations including the knowledge required for calculation of project economics and general mechanical knowledge of major unit equipment to calculate reliability justifications.
· Knowledge of project budgeting and managing scope change during project execution.
· Understanding of purchasing/procurement.
· TAR execution and management experience including knowledge of plant safety regulations and unit preparation procedures. This ensures that TAR plans are integrated well with operations preparation associated with turnarounds.
· Industry knowledge of technical issues including catalyst, metallurgy advances, new equipment options, and safety/accident prevention
· Trained in application of process safety management (PSM) and process hazard analysis, this is essential as this position manages the PSM system and responsible for resolution of safety recommendations for the unit.
· Contractor management and project development skills in combination with unit knowledge. This ensures that money is not wasted by performing engineering on projects that ultimately don’t get installed due to lack of justification.
· Advanced SAP skills is a plus.
Competencies & Behavioral Skills
· Builds and maintains effective work relationships with internal and external teams and individuals at all levels of management
· Makes effective and prompt decisions when confronted with conflicting information.
· Solves complex problems using innovative thinking, seasoned judgement and application of industry leading practices
· Manages conflict constructively.
· Exercises delegation of responsibilities and follows up.
· Handles pressure and has desire to obtain positive results.
· Sets high standards and motivates people to excel.
· Provides clear direction and sets realistic goals.
· Establishes and communicates a vision of the big picture.
· Gathers information, assesses alternate solutions and consequences and implements the agreed action plan in a time sensitive manner.
· Challenges team to meet stretch goals.
· Analyzes data to identify trends and deviations.
· Prioritizes engineering activities to meet maintenance and capital project deadlines.
· Proven strong communication skills, including delivering presentations and facilitating group discussions.
Requires Engineering degree & minimum 5 years of experience in process control strategy & implementation, tuning & troubleshooting Regulatory or Advanced Process Control applications related to refining or chemicals. Must have hands-on experience maintaining & supporting process control in plants. Knowledge of DMC+ or similar MVC application product is a plus. Prefer experience with Honeywell DCS consoles. Requires ability to effectively interact with a variety of plant work groups, including operators in a control room environment. Will be assigned to a process unit team as the individual responsible for process control. Must have legal right to work indefinitely in the United States. Large international operating company with plant position in Baton Rouge, LA.
Copyright © 1998-2019 BELLWETHER EXECUTIVE SEARCH, INC - All Rights Reserved.
INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION & PROCESS CONTROLS